This month’s Top 10 has so many great books in it! The new Annual a group of New Zealand writers, illustrators, musicians and poets have come together, sourced by Kate deGoldi and Kate Paris from Gecko Press.
Lego and Minecrafters have the virtual and real life block worlds covered and beautiful photos from Vesa Lehtimäki show off the lego model world.
Maori myths and legends illustrator and author Peter Gossage, died this year, so it’s a fitting tribute that his books should still be so popular with younger readers. His iconic images live on in the books he created. His illustrations were also part of animated versions, here for your viewing pleasure.
1. LEGO, by Daniel Lipkowitz
2. Hacks for Minecrafters, by Megan Miller
3. Harry Potter and the cursed child, by Jack Thorne, John Tiffany and J. K. Rowling
4. Minecraft : Redstone Handbook, by Nick Farwell
5. Star Wars character encyclopedia, by Simon Beecroft and Pablo Hidalgo
6. Minecraft. Construction Handbook, by Matthew Needler
7. Small scenes from a big galaxy, by Vesa Lehtimaki
8. Pokemon gotta catch ‘em all! published by Scholastic
9. Annual edited by Kate de Goldi and Susan Paris
10. Maui and other Maori legends, by Peter Gossage