Star Wars is causing a bit of sizzle in the air at the moment. Always popular in Children’s non-fiction there is a special anticipatory feeling around the new movie. The summer reading challenge has joined the buzz with the Central Library activity featuring make a light saber, visit the children’s desk for materials and instructions. Visit all the libraries and complete the other activities to go in for a prize.
Other movie characters are explored in the Minions seek and find book, full of great illustrations. November Rugby World Cup fever reached the top ten with rugby related material whisking out the door. Minecraft and rugby? How does that work you might ask? Well Rotorua Intermediate gave it a go.
Have any of your own block work you want to show off? Let us know in the comments
- The ultimate unofficial encyclopedia for Minecrafters by Megan Miller
- Minecraft by Stephanie Milton
- The LEGO ideas book by Daniel Lipkowitz
- Star Wars by David West Reynolds
- Star Wars by Adam Bray
- Minecraft by Nick Farwell
- Minecraft by Matthew Needler
- Minions by Trey King
- The story of the All Blacks by Kevin Boon
- Star Wars character encyclopedia by Simon Beecroft