Great children’s series with new additions! Author Rachel Renee Russell wrote her first book when she was still at school, she was around 10 years old! It was a birthday gift for her brothers. The Dork Diaries books are inspired by her daughter Nikki and Erin. Does one of those those names seem familiar? Russell credits her daughters in authoring the books. Cool!
Have you ever written a book for anyone’s birthday? It would be a such a great gift. Or an terrible one if you wrote awful things. Maybe don’t write terrible things!
- Diary of a wimpy kid, by Jeff Kinney
- Captain Underpants, by Dav Pilkey
- Storey Treehouse series, by Andy Griffiths
- Tom Gates, by Liz Pichon
- Dork Diaries, by Rachel Renée Russell
- The World’s Worst Children, by David Walliams
- Fantastic beasts and where to find them, by J. K. Rowling
- Harry Potter and the prisoner of Azkaban, by J. K. Rowling
- Magnus Chase and the ship of the dead, by Rick Riordan
- The bad book, by Andy Griffiths