Roald Dahl has two entries in the Top 10 this month. Some of you may have been inspired from the movie The BFG to check out his books.
Roald Dahl’s imagination made more words than you’ll find in the dictionary! The BFG’s grasp of English “is a bit crumply” as he himself admits. Sometimes though a made-up word is the best kind to use! The oxford dictionary team seem to think so, this year the Oxford Roald Dahl Dictionary was published to celebrate the author’s 100th birthday!
Have you guys found Dahl’s Revolting Rhymes book yet? We think Roald Dahl is pretty cool so we made up our holiday programmes around one of his tales of the BFG. Hope we get to see you at one of them.
1. Diary of a wimpy kid, by Jeff Kinney
2. Tom Gates, by Liz Pichon
3. Dirty Bertie, by Alan MacDonald
4. Where’s Wally? by Martin handford
5. The Secret Seven, by Enid Blyton
6. The BFG, Roald Dahl
7. Ratburger, by David Walliams
8. Matilda, by Roald Dahl
9. Awful Auntie, by David Walliams
10. Demon dentist, by David Walliams