My Discoveries allows you to save things you find in the WCL Easyfind catalogue and want to remember for another time. Find out how to set up your account – it’s very quick and easy!
Now you can save things you find in the catalogue and want to remember
for another time. Start by setting up your My Discoveries account– it’s very quick and easy and you don’t need to be a library member
- Click on My Discoveries in the top right corner
- Click Register if it is your first time using My Discoveries
- Enter the name and password you would like to use – when complete click on Create Account.
NOTE: An email address is required so your password can be sent to you if you forget it at any time. No other data is taken and your email is not visible to any other user. If you don’t have an email address please ask library staff
- You now have your own My Discoveries account. Click on Close to get back to the search screen so you can tag and save items – don’t forget to click on Log out when you’re finished
We also have tutorials on how to tag items in Easyfind, and how to save items to a wishlist.
Below is a presentation on how you can find and reserve books, on our website, with the new version of our online catalogue:
- To search our Classic Catalogue, type your query in the ORANGE box or click on ‘ Catalogue Search’ (top left) to access our EasyFind catalogue or KidsCat.
- Click on the radio button of your choice to select the type of search you’re interested in. Type in your query and click on GO.
*Title : drop any the, a, an at the start of title.
* Author : surname, first name order
- Once you’ve spotted a title you’re interested in, click on the title highlighted in blue.
- If you want to place a reserve on a book, click on “ Place a Reserve”. When you scroll down a bit, you can see the “Holdings Information” : which of our libraries has the book, and whether it is available for borrowing or not ( on loan ).
- Type in your library card number in the first box. Type in your last/ family name in the second box. Click “Enter”.
- Click on the library of your choice to highlight where you want to pick up your book. Click “Holiday reserve” if you want your reserve available only until after a particular date. Click on “Place a Reserve” when your choice is made.
- Click on “View my account” to check the status of your reserve.
- Click on “Reserves” to check on you reserve and/ or delete it.
- Click the box next to the highlighted title of the book you want to delete.
- Click on “Cancel checked reserves” to delete your reserve.
Find what you want faster and easier with new advanced search features in Easyfind – click through the slides below to see how it works:
- Find what you want faster and easier with new advanced search features in Easyfind.
- Click on Advanced Search when you enter Easyfind
- You can enter key search words across different fields to help you find what you’re looking for faster and easier
- Here I’ve entered one word I could remember from the title, and the author’s last name
- Either word on their own would give me long lists of results to look through, but entering both words takes me straight to the item I’m after
- Advanced Search is also great for finding particular items in one location. Here I’ve looked for DVDs about elephants held only at Brooklyn library and found six results – quick and easy!
Can’t find the title of that book you were looking for on the catalogue? Drop off that first ‘The’ and you’ll find it – eg leave out ‘the’ and search for ‘double comfort safari club’.