Working for Wellington City Libraries and Community Spaces
We're looking for people who share our passion for Wellington and have the same values that we do - to make our city an even better place to live and work in.
We are a business unit of Wellington City Council where services and projects are as diverse and interesting as the people who deliver them. Join us in making a positive difference - shape your own future, while reshaping the future of Wellington.
Team Member Customer Service - Karori
Fixed term - part time - 20 hours per week
This is a great opportunity for you to join our team at Cummings Park (Ngaio) Karori, and Khandallah branch libraries. It is a fixed term position until 19 December 2015 - Part-Time, 20 hours per week worked Monday 4.30pm - 8.15pm, Wednesday 9.30am - 5.30pm, Thursday 4.45pm - 8.15pm, Saturday 9.15am to 4pm.
Our vision is to be open for creativity, connection and innovation. Our mission is to connect our communities to knowledge, wonder and possibilties through the network of libraries and community spaces.
The role :
The major focus of this role is the provision of lending services. The role involves a broad range of activities which may include:
- involves a broad range of activities including
- Provision of exceptional customer service.
- Membership services including joining customers, answering membership queries and processing payments.
- Issuing and returning library materials.
- Sorting, shelving, displaying and promoting library materials.
- Delivery of children's programmes.
You will be a team player who thrives on providing exceptional customer service to customers. You'll be able to build rapport with customers of all ages. You will pride yourself on being flexible, well organised, and you will be accurate and have an excellent eye for detail.
The following experience and skills are also necessary to be successful in this position:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills to work with our diverse range of customers
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Experience in handling money accurately
- Good physical fitness
- Good computer skills; experience with library management systems may be an advantage..
To view the role description or to apply, click through to the Wellington City Council Vacancy listing
For more information contact Jill Spackman firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 04 4768413.
Applications close on Sunday 2 November 2014.
Permanent - full time
Are you an experienced cataloguer who has worked with RDA? Do you enjoy the challenge of ensuring access to a library's collection is as good as it can be? Can you demonstrate a strategic focus in your work?
We want someone who:
- Is proactive in keeping our collection records up-to-date
- is able to work independently and in a team environment
- has experience with LMS setup and structure, and is able to develop testing plans
- is future focused and prepared for a world without MARC
- has plenty of experience
If this sounds like you, we'd welcome your application.
Please provide a covering letter and CV outlining the skills and experience you can bring to the role.
We can offer a stimulating work environment and supportive colleagues.
An appointment is expected within the salary range $58,000 - $65,000.
For more information contact Leonard Clough, Cataloguer, email Leonard.Clough@wcc.govt.nz; phone 801-4094.
Applications close on Monday 3 November 2014.
For more information, and to apply, click through to the Wellington City Council Vacancy listing
Create your "profile" to apply for vacancies
Create your profile with Wellington City Council by registering your CV and telling us your role preferences. You can then request notifications to be sent when opportunities come up that may be of interest and suitable for you.
To create your profile:
- Go to the full list of vacancies link above.
- If you don't already have a profile, click 'Register/Login' and register your details.
- Enter your profile details
- Save your CV within your profile
Your Future - Six Great Reasons to Work for Wellington City Council
- Variety: Work as part of a large and diverse organisation.
- Innovation: We are focused on providing tomorrow's solutions for today's issues.
- Flexibility and work / life balance: With opportunities to work from home and flexible working arrangements, we do our best to provide options for all staff to achieve the balance that is right for them.
- Opportunity: We understand that continual learning and development is vital. We encourage staff development, both personal and professional. Many in our staff have progressed through very different challenging and enjoyable careers within the Council.
- Community focus: We engage with Wellington communities in all their diversity. Our work with partner organisations, community groups and local iwi ensures our services cater for community needs and honours our commitment to the Treaty of Waitangi.
- Fun: We encourage staff to get involved, challenge themselves and learn something new:
- Take part in one of our many sports teams (competitive and social)
- Join our te reo or kapa haka groups
- Enjoy on-site yoga classes and discounted events
- Participate in nationwide events like the Global Corporate Challenge and Iron Māori.