Working for Wellington City Libraries and Community Spaces
We're looking for people who share our passion for Wellington and have the same values that we do - to make our city an even better place to live and work in.
We are a business unit of Wellington City Council where services and projects are as diverse and interesting as the people who deliver them. Join us in making a positive difference - shape your own future, while reshaping the future of Wellington.
Are you an experienced cataloguer who has worked with RDA? Do you enjoy the challenge of ensuring access to a library's collection is as good as it can be? Can you demonstrate a strategic focus in your work?
We want someone who:
- Is proactive in keeping our collection records up-to-date
- is able to work independently and in a team environment
- has experience with LMS setup and structure, and is able to develop testing plans
- is future focused and prepared for a world without MARC
- has plenty of experience
If this sounds like you, we'd welcome your application.
Please provide a covering letter and CV outlining the skills and experience you can bring to the role.
We can offer a stimulating work environment and supportive colleagues.
An appointment is expected within the salary range $58,000 - $65,000.
For more information contact Leonard Clough, Cataloguer, email Leonard.Clough@wcc.govt.nz; phone 801-4094.
Applications close on Monday 3 November 2014.
For more information, and to apply, click through to the Wellington City Council Vacancy listing
Create your "profile" to apply for vacancies
Create your profile with Wellington City Council by registering your CV and telling us your role preferences. You can then request notifications to be sent when opportunities come up that may be of interest and suitable for you.
To create your profile:
- Go to the full list of vacancies link above.
- If you don't already have a profile, click 'Register/Login' and register your details.
- Enter your profile details
- Save your CV within your profile
Your Future - Six Great Reasons to Work for Wellington City Council
- Variety: Work as part of a large and diverse organisation.
- Innovation: We are focused on providing tomorrow's solutions for today's issues.
- Flexibility and work / life balance: With opportunities to work from home and flexible working arrangements, we do our best to provide options for all staff to achieve the balance that is right for them.
- Opportunity: We understand that continual learning and development is vital. We encourage staff development, both personal and professional. Many in our staff have progressed through very different challenging and enjoyable careers within the Council.
- Community focus: We engage with Wellington communities in all their diversity. Our work with partner organisations, community groups and local iwi ensures our services cater for community needs and honours our commitment to the Treaty of Waitangi.
- Fun: We encourage staff to get involved, challenge themselves and learn something new:
- Take part in one of our many sports teams (competitive and social)
- Join our te reo or kapa haka groups
- Enjoy on-site yoga classes and discounted events
- Participate in nationwide events like the Global Corporate Challenge and Iron Māori.
Our long-term strategic vision, Towards 2040: Smart Capital, builds on Wellington's strengths to help achieve economic growth, greater success and an improved quality of life for all Wellingtonians. We don't just talk about our vision, we are building it from the ground up:
Our staff are passionate about the city we work for, and enthusiastic about making a positive difference for all Wellingtonians.
|Aim high||Whaia te iti kahurangi|
|Encourage fresh thinking||Whakatoitoi i ngā hua auaha|
|Deliver what's right||Whakatinanahia te tika|
|Work together||Mahi ngātahi|
|Act with integrity and respect||Tū rangatira|
|Aspire to zero harm||Kia pūmau ki te haumaru|