Working for Wellington City Libraries and Community Spaces
We're looking for people who share our passion for Wellington and have the same values that we do - to make our city an even better place to live and work in.
We are a business unit of Wellington City Council where services and projects are as diverse and interesting as the people who deliver them. Join us in making a positive difference - shape your own future, while reshaping the future of Wellington.
Team Member Customer Service - Central Enquiries
Permanent - part time - 27 hours per week
Are you a team player looking for a role where you can help customers to use our services and collections for their information and enjoyment? Do you have a proven record of using initiative and sustaining high work outputs, even when unsupervised? The Central Library is looking for someone to join them in a 27 hours per week in a permanent role. Evening and weekend hours are a core aspect of this role, working Thursday to Monday.
Our vision is to be open for creativity, connection and innovation. Our mission is to connect our communities to knowledge, wonder and possibilties through the network of libraries and community spaces.
The role :
The major focus of this role is to provide information services - assisting customers, sorting, shelving, displaying and promoting library materials. The role involves a broad range of subject areas including: Fiction; Audio-visual items - DVDs, Music CDs; Arts, music and literature; General non-fiction, History (local and general) and travel.
You will be a team player who thrives on providing exceptional customer service to customers. You will be flexible, and well organised.
The following experience and skills are also necessary to be successful in this position:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills to work with our diverse range of customers
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Initiative, and a âCan-Doâ attitude
- Interest and ability in the use of online reference and print resources
- Good physical fitness
To view the role description or to apply, click through to the Wellington City Council vacancy listing
For more information contact Kathleen Lockett email@example.com or telephone 04 803 8115 .
Applications close on Friday 19 December 2014.
Create your "profile" to apply for vacancies
Create your profile with Wellington City Council by registering your CV and telling us your role preferences. You can then request notifications to be sent when opportunities come up that may be of interest and suitable for you.
To create your profile:
- Go to the full list of vacancies link above.
- If you don't already have a profile, click 'Register/Login' and register your details.
- Enter your profile details
- Save your CV within your profile
Your Future - Six Great Reasons to Work for Wellington City Council
- Variety: Work as part of a large and diverse organisation.
- Innovation: We are focused on providing tomorrow's solutions for today's issues.
- Flexibility and work / life balance: With opportunities to work from home and flexible working arrangements, we do our best to provide options for all staff to achieve the balance that is right for them.
- Opportunity: We understand that continual learning and development is vital. We encourage staff development, both personal and professional. Many in our staff have progressed through very different challenging and enjoyable careers within the Council.
- Community focus: We engage with Wellington communities in all their diversity. Our work with partner organisations, community groups and local iwi ensures our services cater for community needs and honours our commitment to the Treaty of Waitangi.
- Fun: We encourage staff to get involved, challenge themselves and learn something new:
- Take part in one of our many sports teams (competitive and social)
- Join our te reo or kapa haka groups
- Enjoy on-site yoga classes and discounted events
- Participate in nationwide events like the Global Corporate Challenge and Iron Māori.