Working for Wellington City Libraries and Community Spaces
We're looking for people who share our passion for Wellington and have the same values that we do - to make our city an even better place to live and work in.
We are a business unit of Wellington City Council where services and projects are as diverse and interesting as the people who deliver them. Join us in making a positive difference - shape your own future, while reshaping the future of Wellington.
Libraries Customer and Online Services Specialist
Do you believe in making a difference in people's lives through promoting and outreaching library services? Looking for a varied role with new challenges every day?
Wellington City Libraries are looking for a customer focused digitally literate team player to impress adults with informative library experiences and increase usage across a wide range of customers, but especially those interested in reading fiction. Although physically based at the Central Library it has a city-wide customer interest.
In this full-time permanent role you will resolve customer enquiries, maintain networks with community organisations, improve access and promote library services, prepare website, social media and other content, and investigate new services. Some evening and weekend work is required on a rostered basis.
About us: Our vision is to be open for creativity, connection and innovation. Our mission is to connect our communities to knowledge, wonder and possibilities through the network of libraries and community spaces.
About you: You will be
- a team player who thrives on providing excellent customer service
- experienced at communicating with customers one-one or as groups, or preparing written reports
- self-starting and flexible, with effective time management
- able to develop the libraries' online presence, especially for fiction customers
- skilled in researching ideas, opportunities and creative solutions to enhance library services, whether physical or online
Please provide a covering letter with your CV, outlining the skills and experience you could bring to this role.
For more information contact Joanne Horner, Acting Libraries and Community Spaces Manager, on 801-4109, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications close Monday 19 February 2018.
Register for Job Alerts
If you'd like to receive personalised emails when vacancies come up that fit your role preferences, it's easy to sign up for job alerts:
- Go to the 'Council vacancies' link above.
- If you don't already have a log-in, click 'Register Now' and register your details.
- Once you are logged in, choose 'Job Search' and tell us what type of role you are interested in and then click 'Save'.