Working for Wellington City Libraries and Community Spaces
We're looking for people who share our passion for Wellington and have the same values that we do - to make our city an even better place to live and work in.
We are a business unit of Wellington City Council where services and projects are as diverse and interesting as the people who deliver them. Join us in making a positive difference - shape your own future, while reshaping the future of Wellington.
Team Member Customer Service: North Cluster Libraries and Community Spaces
Fixed Term : 36 hours per week
Are you a team player looking for a role where you can help customers to use our services and collections for their information and enjoyment? Are you passionate about library services to children/adults, but equally able to build rapport with customers of all ages? Do you have a proven record of using initiative and sustaining high work outputs, even when unsupervised?
If so, then there is a great opportunity for you at Wellington City Libraries. The North Cluster (Tawa & Johnsonville libraries plus Newlands, Churton Park, Tawa & Linden community centres) is looking for someone to join them in a 36 hour per week temporary position (ends 14 September 2016). This position will be worked Monday to Friday with one late night per week.
Our vision is to be open for creativity, connection and innovation. Our mission is to connect our communities to knowledge, wonder and possibilities through the network of libraries and community spaces.
The major focus of this role is the provision of lending services. The role involves a broad range of activities which include:
- Membership services including joining customers, answering membership queries and processing payments.
- Issuing and returning library materials.
- Sorting, shelving, displaying and promoting library materials.
- Provision of exceptional customer service.
- Planning and delivery of children's programmes
You will be a team player who thrives on providing exceptional customer service and you'll be able to build rapport with customers of all ages. You will pride yourself on being flexible, well organised and you will be accurate and have an excellent eye for detail.
The following experience and skills are also necessary to be successful in this position:
- Experience running children's programmes
- Excellent oral and written communication skills to work with our diverse range of customers.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Experience in handling money.
- Good physical fitness.
- Good computer skills.
Please apply online, providing a covering letter with your CV, outlining the skills and experience you could bring to this role.
For more information contact Wendy Jacobs, Coach, Libraries and Community Spaces on 803-8271 or by email: email@example.com
Please go to Wellington City Council's Careers site for a role description and to apply.
Applications close Friday 4 September 2015
Register for Job Alerts
If you'd like to receive personalised emails when vacancies come up that fit your role preferences, it's easy to sign up for job alerts:
- Go to the 'Council vacancies' link above.
- If you don't already have a log-in, click 'Register Now' and register your details.
- Once you are logged in, choose 'Job Search' and tell us what type of role you are interested in and then click 'Save'.
When you apply for a role, we want you to be prepared so you can demonstrate your skills and experience in the best possible light. For information on our recruitment process and what to expect, please visit the Working Here page on the Wellington City Council website
If you have any questions, contact the hiring manager who is advertising the vacancy above, or email our recruitment team: