Working for Wellington City Libraries and Community Spaces
We're looking for people who share our passion for Wellington and have the same values that we do - to make our city an even better place to live and work in.
We are a business unit of Wellington City Council where services and projects are as diverse and interesting as the people who deliver them. Join us in making a positive difference - shape your own future, while reshaping the future of Wellington.
Team Member Customer Service
Permanent 21 Hour Customer Service Position available in the Central Enquiries Team.
This is a great opportunity for you to join the Central Enquiries team at the Central Library at Wellington City Libraries.
Our vision is to be open for creativity, connection and innovation. Our mission is to connect our communities to knowledge, wonder and possibilities through the network of libraries and community spaces.
The major focus of this role is the provision of information services and excellent customer service to all, whether in the library, online or among the wider public. The Central Enquiries team covers adult fiction, non-fiction, audio-visual and online collections.
The role involves a broad range of activities which include:
- Providing exceptional customer service working alongside library users
- Enabling customers to use their devices and other technology to access library services
- Developing and encouraging knowledge of a wide range of library resources, both physical and online
- Promoting and presenting library services to Wellingtonians
You will be a team player who thrives on providing exceptional customer service and you will be able to build rapport with customers of all ages and backgrounds. You will be able to engage with a wide variety of people across all socio-economic groups to help them enjoy using the full range of library resources and services. You will pride yourself on being flexible, well organised and you will be accurate and have an excellent eye for detail.
The following experience and skills are also necessary to be successful in this position:
- Be able to work independently and in a team environment
- Have excellent interpersonal communication skills when working with our diverse range of customers and staff
- Be enthusiastic in helping our library users to develop new skills and connect with information in its many formats
- Be at ease with technology in its various forms and committed to keeping up to date with the increasing range of devices and resources which you will use with customers to answer their many and varied questions
- Be experienced in handling money accurately
- Have good physical fitness and personal resilience
This position is to be worked approximately 4 hours per day from Tuesday to Saturday. Occasional evening cover may be required.
For more information contact Kathleen Lockett at firstname.lastname@example.org or 04 803 8115.
Please go to Wellington City Council's Careers site for a role description and to apply.
Applications close Monday 4 July 2016
Register for Job Alerts
If you'd like to receive personalised emails when vacancies come up that fit your role preferences, it's easy to sign up for job alerts:
- Go to the 'Council vacancies' link above.
- If you don't already have a log-in, click 'Register Now' and register your details.
- Once you are logged in, choose 'Job Search' and tell us what type of role you are interested in and then click 'Save'.
When you apply for a role, we want you to be prepared so you can demonstrate your skills and experience in the best possible light. For information on our recruitment process and what to expect, please visit the Working Here page on the Wellington City Council website
If you have any questions, contact the hiring manager who is advertising the vacancy above, or email our recruitment team: