Quality Information. Fast. Professional search and information services
- You know what information you need - we know how to find it.
- Save time and money by focusing on what you do best
- As skilled information professionals, we can make a difference every day in the speed, relevance, and accuracy of re search projects that meet business, industry, government, non-profit, and other needs
- Prosearch is the professional search service of Wellington City Libraries (WCL). Whether it's searching our specialist online databases, or the Internet, or finding facts from books, journals, government documents, our professionally trained information specialists know the quickest way to find accurate information.
- For all individuals or organisations with a WCL library card we can offer up to 1 hour's non-urgent free research per topic, plus any direct costs (all costs GST inclusive). For urgent enquiries, work can be undertaken at $60 per hour.
- You can still use our services, whether or not you have a current library card. A clear cost-estimate will be given beforehand.
What we do
- Satisfy your information needs quickly and cost-effectively
- Save you time and money
- Research new product concepts
- Research your competitors
- Locate companies who are potential buyers of your product
- Provide guidance on internet searching
- Offer personalized service and confidentiality
Call (04) 801 4059 Marilyn Domney or Ian McDonald (04) 801 4083
Visit us on Level 1 of the Central Library
A number of business, public organisations, within the wider Wellington region use Prosearch on a regular basis. Other customers include students, people looking into their family history, authors, and people who need assistance with their research.
Use Prosearch for
- Finding information - whether you just need a few quintessential articles on a specific topic, or are interested in a comprehensive literature review.
- training on searching online to find information efficiently and effectively and reduce information overload. We can show how to get the sources you need.
Samples of recent work:
- A "best practice" international literature view on hr performance management schemes
- Craft brewing - international trends
- NZ CEO profiles across a number of sectors
- Psychology of selling
- Leading companies and contact information for NZ training organisations
- References to the historic Save Manapouri scheme
- Domestic tourism
What do people say about Prosearch?
- "Thanks for the good research work you have provided on ... Would it be possible to employ you to complete some more research for us please?"
- "thanks so much for this search it looks very comprehensive and will give us a very good overview of the issues."
- "Great effort. I know just how hard it is to find this information. I also liked how you vetted the companies as you went, i.e. if you didn't think a company looked applicable, you didn't capture their details. This is very good. Saves your time and mine."
- "Thank you so much for this, it is great."
- "I also wanted to say that you have been a pleasure to work with and I think the service that you provide is great ... I am sure I will be in touch with other projects in the future!"
- "Thanks Marilyn for all your effort on this. It's really helpful. We'll continue to dig into this and hopefully we'll be able to make use your skills again soon."
- "Thanks it's great to get hold of articles that summarise research and propose solutions - bang on."
- "You guys provide such a fast responding, efficient, and effective service - it is really great to see people who are passionate about what they do."