Our Te Pātaka Collection and Distribution Centre houses Wellington Central Library’s collection, and for one day only you can visit, browse and borrow!
Looking for some special holiday reading? Want to delve into a topic more deeply? Or maybe you’re interested in finding the perfect gem?
We’ll be opening our Te Pātaka Collection Centre to the public for a pre-holiday exploration. You’ll be able to browse and borrow books from all parts of our off-site storage lending collection, including:
- Fiction, including classic literature, mysteries, sci-fi
- Non-fiction – small and large books on all your favourite topics
- Large print
- World languages
- Graphic novels
- Teen fiction, non-fiction and graphic novels
- Children’s fiction, non-fiction and comics
- Picture books
- Other collections such as scores, songbooks, car manuals, DVDs and CDs.
Books will be issued for 6 weeks. We can’t wait to see you!
Spots are limited and visits are restricted to one hour, so bookings will be essential — book your slot below!
What? Te Pātaka Open Day
Date: Friday 8th December 2023
Time: Five one hour slots available — 11am-12pm, 1-2pm, 2-3pm, 3-4pm, 4-5pm
Location: Johnsonville (details on registration)