Wellington City Libraries is available to people living in Wellington City. The library has over 400,000 books, or magazines, which can be borrowed, most for free. You can read newspapers or study in the libraries.
Please ask staff for help to find your information.
- How to join
- Where libraries are and their opening hours
- Important information all library users
- What is available for CHILDREN
- What is available for ADULTS who speak Arabic, Assyrian, Burmese, Chinese, Traditional Chinese, Cook Islands Māori, Farsi/Persian, Fijian, French, Greek, Gujarati, Hindi, Hungarian, Japanese, Khmer, Kiribati, Korean, Russian, Samoan, Sinhalese, Somali, Spanish, Tagalog, Tokelauan and Tongan.
- How to find information on jobs and employment.
- Learning English Library Resource Guide
- Our Community Stories and traditions
Help for living in Wellington:
Finding a home to rent or buy, and services from Wellington City Council.
Health information and services, including public healthcare, dental and emergency services.
Education services for early childhood, primary and secondary schooling, tertiary education and adult learning.
Information about finding work, resources for employers, and running a business in New Zealand.
Help with legal services and information about the law in New Zealand.
Driving in New Zealand and getting around Wellington on public transport.
Information about opening a bank account, money systems and banking services in New Zealand.
Other helpful information such as language services, common Kiwi and Maori words, preparing for a disaster, or sending mail.