Ngā rauemi Tokerau mā ngā pakeke Tokelauan Resources for Adults
Wellington City Libraries has books in Tokelauan, as well as many useful resources for Pacific people.
BooksWe have many children's books in Tokelauan at Central and branch libraries. Most books can be borrowed for 3 weeks. Our books are organised by a numbering system and the same system is used at all branches. For example, The Road Code for car, motor cycle and truck driver's licenses is shelved at 343.0946 DON. There are copies at all Libraries and they can be borrowed for 1 week. If no copies are currently available, you can reserve one with your Library Card.
Here are some subjects you may find useful:
- 428: learning English
- 499.4: Tokelauan dictionaries
- 500s: science, the universe, plants and animals
- 610-616: health
- 640-649: home care, sewing for the home, children's & adults' clothing, cooking and parenting
- 650s: information on working in New Zealand
- 700s: art, music, movies & entertainment
- 800s: literature, including poetry, plays, essays and letters
- 900s: countries, travel and history, including Tokelauan history and geography (996.15) and New Zealand travel (919.31)
Improving your EnglishIn our collection we have:
- Books about living in New Zealand, including cooking, parenting and health
- Stories to enjoy.
For more information, visit our English as a Second Language subject guide.
Pacific magazines are located on the First Floor of Central Library, near the escalators. You may read magazines in the Library, or borrow lending copies for one week with your Library Card. Magazines which may be of interest include:
Music CDs and DVDsCDs and DVDs may be borrowed for 1 week with your Library Card. A borrowing fee is charged for Sound & Vision materials.
Music CDs are on the Ground Floor of Central Library, in the Sound & Vision Centre. Look for the World Music: Tokelau and World Music: Pacific sections for Tokelauan artists such as Te Vaka.
Please ask us if you need help finding anything you need.