If you live in Karori, Ngaio, or Khandallah, you might notice that there are a few changes coming to our schedule of events for children and families, starting in the first week of May!
Our extra-special monthly storytimes at Khandallah Library will feature a special theme and fun activity for tamariki and whānau to get stuck into as well — contact the library (or chat to a friendly librarian!) to find out about what’s happening each month.
Here is the new schedule of events for Karori, Cummings Park, and Khandallah Libraries — programmes that have changed days or times are marked with a star. Don’t forget to check in on the library event calendar from time to time to keep up to date with new programmes and special events happening in our libraries!
- *Preschool Storytime: Every Tuesday and Wednesday, 10.30am*
- *Kōhunga Kōrero: 2nd Tuesday of every month, 10.30am*
- Baby Rock and Rhyme: Every Thursday and Friday, 10.30am
- Let’s Go LEGO®: 3rd Saturday of every month, 2.00pm
- Code Club: Every Tuesday during the school term, 3.30pm
- *Free Family Movies: During school holidays and to mark special events*
- Preschool Storytime: Every Wednesday, 10.30am
- Kōhunga Kōrero: 3rd Wednesday of every month, 10.30am
- Baby Rock and Rhyme: Every Tuesday, 10.30am
- Let’s Go LEGO®: 2nd Thursday of every month, 3.30pm
- *Preschool Storytime: Last Friday of every month, 10.30am*
- Let’s Go LEGO®: First Friday of every month, 3.30pm
Why are the changes happening?
We’re changing the days and times on which some of our programmes are happening so that we can make some more space in our calendar to bring some new and different experiences to tamariki and whānau who use these libraries. We also hope that the new schedule will make it easier for more families to join us for our sessions, by making sure that our events aren’t on at the same time as other, similar groups in the community!
To our wonderful families in Karori, Ngaio, and Khandallah — we look forward to seeing you soon.