Kia ora e te whānau! Great news — Kōhunga Kōrero, our special storytimes in te reo Māori, are back for 2021! This year, in addition to Johnsonville, Karori, Miramar, and Newtown Libraries, we have Cummings Park (Ngaio) Library joining in on the fun.
Kōhunga Kōrero: whāngaia tō Tama Toa ki te pānui pukapuka! Pakiwaitara i roto i te reo Māori. E 30 meneti pakiwaitara, rotarota, waiata hoki i roto i te reo Māori nō ngā kōhungahunga me ō rātou mātua kaitiaki.
Kōhunga Kōrero: get your superhero hooked on books! Featuring stories, rhymes, and songs in te reo Māori, these 30-minute sessions are open to anyone, and are recommended for children (aged 2-6 years) with their caregivers.
Here’s the full Kōhunga Kōrero schedule for the year ahead — we’d love to have you along!
- 1st Tuesday of the month, 10.30am at Newtown Library/Te Whare Pukapuka o Omārōrō
- 2nd Monday of the month, 10.30am at Karori Library/Te Whare Pukapuka o Te Māhanga
- 3rd Wednesday of the month, 10.30am at Cummings Park (Ngaio) Library/Te Whare Pukapuka o Korimako
- 4th Thursday of the month, 10.30am at Miramar Library/Te Whare Pukapuka o Motu-Kairangi
- Every Friday, 10.30am at Johnsonville Library/Te Whare Pukapuka o Waitohi