How many of you out there have a pet?
Pets are great. You can play with them, take them for walks, groom them, teach them tricks but most of all love them.
Did you know there are lots of fun and interesting facts that you might not be aware of about your pet such as:
- Dogs only sweat from the bottoms of their feet, the only way they can discharge heat is by panting.
- Dogs have about 100 different facial expressions, most of them made with the ears.
- A cat can jump as much as seven times its height.
- Cats have five toes on each front paw, but only four toes on each back paw.
- Cats have over a hundred vocal sounds, while dogs only have about ten.
- To survive, every bird must eat at least half its own weight in food each day.
- Larger parrots such as macaws and cockatoos can live for more than 75 years.
- Many hamsters only blink one eye at a time.
- A goldfish can live up to 40 years.
You might like to check out some of these funny and interesting books about different pets.
Also if you are looking at getting a pet or would like to find out more information about looking after and caring for you pet then take a look at some of these books.