Find out about your local librarians!
1. What is your name? Debbie
2. Which library do you work at? Tawa Library
3. What’s the best thing about being a librarian? The books and the people
4. Favourite book? The Lorax by Dr Seuss. I have strong memories of my college teacher reading us this book at a school camp and it has become one of my favourites.
5. When I read I like to…? I love lying on the floor in the sun with a good book
6. If you wrote a book, what would it be about? I love fantasy so would probably have some dragons and magic involved
7. If I wasn’t a librarian, I would be a …? Professional ballroom dancer – maybe I could get on Dancing with the Stars.
8. Favourite food? Fresh raspberries and whitebait. (Not together of course)
9. Favourite place in the world? I love holidaying in the Marlborough Sounds – its one of the best places to be.
10. My dream library would have…? I would love to have a magical forest in my library with lots of trees so I could read my book sitting under, hiding in and climbing on. Maybe I could have the odd unicorn or two to help me choose my books.