You might notice our website looks updated, but it is a lot more than a fresh coat of paint. The catalogue search box remains a focal point – it’s the most popular area.
It’s now easier to view and use on a smartphone, tablet or other devices. More information and news will display up front, and the calendar will list selected events for your convenience. But all your favourite sections are still there – heritage, online databases, eLibrary, library services or branch locations and events.
Thank you to everyone who gave us feedback and ideas on the post-it note boards and forms in our libraries. We really appreciated your input.
We are looking at updating the Wellington City Libraries website and we want your ideas. What is working, what isn’t, what changes or improvements would you like to see?
Your suggestions could be in regards to the layout, style, navigation, usability, or what content we have on the home page.
You can provide feedback on the noticeboards at Central, Newtown and Johnsonville libraries, or by answering this simple question: what would you like to see improved or changed on the Wellington City Libraries website? Submit feedback here.
There are many ways to celebrate Maori Language Week, here are eight you can do via your library:
- Take your preschool children to Kōhunga Kōrero at Newtown Library on Wednesday
- Watch the online storytimes te Huihui o Matariki / the Seven Stars of Matariki
- See land deeds for Wellington written in both te Reo and English
- Start or improve your study of te Reo Māori
- Learn about Ngā Tupuna of te Whanganui-a-Tara
- See our library information boards in both te reo Māori and English
- Explore Te Ao Maori in our Kids Catalogue
- Check out the Raraunga Kōrero (Māori databases) and search for waiata and people & places
We will soon be updating our mygateway.info homepage to make it easier to discover the wide variety of good quality, free online resources available just by entering your library card details.
Please take a moment to answer a small number of questions and help us see if we are on the right track with our ideas for a new page look and layout.
It won’t take long and there are no right or wrong aswers – we just want to see how it works for you!