The Lucky Drop zine machine is now at Johnsonville Library! The Lucky Drop is a vending machine which sells zines made by local Wellington zine-makers. The zines are priced between $1 – $3, and are sold in A6 and A7 sizes. The Lucky Drop is run by the local zine organisation Wellington Zinefest. If you are interested in having your zines stocked in the machine, please contact them on their site:
The Lucky Drop will be doing a tour of Wellington City Library’s branches and community centres, so look out for it around the city later this year. Each time it changes location the Lucky Drop gets a new design. Currently it features the talents of zine maker aappapappa. Visit the Lucky Drop at Johnsonville Library today!
This Saturday, come and join us at the official opening of Johnsonville Library at Waitohi, the new Johnsonville community hub. There will be a morning of celebrations including the ribbon cutting-ceremony and cultural performances.
7am-8am Public opening ceremony
- Master of ceremonies : Jennifer Parker (Wellington City Council)
- Welcome – Kura Moeahu and Taku Parai (Iwi leaders)
- Introduction – Laurinda Thomas, Libraries Manager (Wellington City Council)
- Speech from Hon Tracey Martin – Minister of Internal Affairs
- Speech from His Worship the Mayor of Wellington
- Ribbon cutting ceremony
- Unveiling of commemorative plaque
- Performance by Wellington Chinese Language School children’s group
- Wellington Interfaith Council presentation “We Are One”
- Bharatanatyam performance by Natraj school of Indian dance
- Lion dance by Wellington China Cultural Centre
The new café, Common Ground Waitohi. will open at 8am and we will have exclusive tours of the building starting at the same time. The new library will open for everyone to visit at 9am. We hope to see you there!