This game is situated in Te Pātaka Library, which is the off-site storage facility for our huge collection of books, DVDs, CDs and vinyl. To introduce you to this potentially unfamiliar library space, we’ve created a virtual reality escape game! Can you escape from Te Pātaka library?
Instructions on how to play:
- Click and drag your mouse to explore the 360 degree photos of Te Pātaka library’s collection.
- Click on the items around the library to get the clues, and click on the ‘X’ on the top right corner to close the clues. Hover over the items will also give you some clues.
- When you find an item, select it to reveal its library related question. The answer to this question (shall be entered at the second item) unlocks that item, and so on.
- If you typed the wrong answer at first, close the box first and re-type the answer.
- Enter your answers in lower case and leave no spaces between the words.
- You may want to refresh the page if needed.
- For example, if you open an item and it asks you the question:
Which library database is not a magazine database?
PressReader, Magazines on Libby, Oxford Art Online, or NZ Geographic
The answer is Oxford Art Online (type the answer ‘oxfordartonline‘ at another item in that room) would unlock that item.