Our Te Pātaka Collection and Distribution Centre houses Wellington Central Library’s collection, and for one day only you can visit, browse and borrow!
Looking for some special holiday reading? Want to delve into a topic more deeply? Or maybe you’re interested in finding the perfect gem?
We’ll be opening our Te Pātaka Collection Centre to the public for a pre-holiday exploration. You’ll be able to browse and borrow books from all parts of our off-site storage lending collection, including:
- Fiction, including mysteries, sci-fi
- Non-fiction – small and large books on all your favourite topics
- Large print
- World languages
- Graphic novels
- Teen fiction, non-fiction and graphic novels
- Children’s fiction, non-fiction and comics
- Picture books
- If you are aged 12 years, 3 months and over, you will be required to show your COVID Vaccine Pass (CVP)
- Wear a mask if you are 12 years and over – unless you hold an exemption from the Ministry of Health Covid-19 website
- Staff will also be wearing masks unless they are not required to for safety reasons
- Scanning or signing in is a condition of entry for all Council facilities and venues. This applies to visitors, contractors and couriers entering our spaces
- Please respect 2 metres social distancing – and follow the signs and guidance of our staff
Books will be issued for 6 weeks. We can’t wait to see you!
Spots are limited and visits are restricted to one hour, so bookings will be essential — book your slot below!
What? Te Pātaka Open Day
Date: Wednesday 8 December
Time: Four one hour slots available — 10-11am, 11am-12pm, 1-2pm, and 2-3pm
Location: Johnsonville (details on registration)