“Under Alert level 2 all of our libraries will be open from Thursday 9 September, with a few changes to keep everyone safe and able to use our spaces,” says Laurinda Thomas, Libraries and Community Spaces Manager.
“This includes slightly reduced hours, strongly encouraging everyone to follow the social distancing, use hand sanitiser and wear masks.”
“To help ensure everyone can use our services and find their latest reads, we are asking people to again limit their visit to 30 minutes and come on your own or in small groups, where possible. We have temporarily suspended our events and programmes, such as Baby Rock and Rhyme as well. Please check the website before you visit, as some hours may have changed temporarily.”
“Everyone was amazing in following the hygiene measures and being kind to one another under the previous Covid-19 restrictions, so we hope everyone will be back to our new normal soon.”
When visiting any of our libraries:
- Wear a mask if you are 12 years and over – unless you hold an exemption from the Ministry of Health Covid-19 website.
- Most customer facing staff will also be wearing masks unless they are not required to for safety reasons.
- Scanning or signing in is a condition of entry for all Council facilities and venues. This applies to visitors, contractors and couriers entering our spaces.
- Limit your visit to 30 mins so we can provide all visitors with 2 metres social distancing – please follow the signs and guidance of our staff.
- Use EFTPOS or other contactless payments if you can. We will accept cash but prefer not to for hygiene reasons.
You can return items from 10am Wednesday 8 September if your local library has an after-hours slot.
All programmes and events are cancelled for this week, please check back on our blog on Monday for an update.
For more information, please check our COVID-19 FAQs.