Wellington City Libraries present two sessions with Apirana Taylor, for school-age children, at He Matapihi Molesworth Library situated on the Ground Floor, National Library of New Zealand on Thursday 6 February as part of the Waitangi Day commemorations.
These two sessions will fall between the National Library’s two bilingual tours of He Tohu and will complement their programme.
Waitangi Day at He Tohu is an opportunity for you and your whānau to see the Treaty of Waitangi.
Activities will include:
– whānau and bilingual He Tohu tours
– tours of National Library digitised collections
– a reading corner with books/ comics and other Treaty resources
– film from Nga Taonga Sound and Vision, and a
– kids’ craft table with Treaty-related activities to help the new generation walk backwards into the future.