Thank you to all customers who gave their time recently to complete our annual customer survey. This was sent to a group randomly selected from our adult registered members who had given us their email contact addresses. We always are keen to see the results and learn from you how we can improve.
Here are the 2017 Annual Survey Results. [1 MB]
Some key results we’ve noted
– overall, you are satisfied with our new self-check machines. There are still some remaining concerns, especially around paying fees, and we are working with our supplier to make this process smoother when borrowing DVDs etc. There was also an increase in satisfaction with staff being available to help.
– new titles and resources are added to our eLibrary each month. We would like to add kindle titles but as yet, NZ public libraries do not have digital rights to buy these.
– overall you are satisfied with the range and variety of the collection. Each year, we add close to 100,000 new items to the collection, and this remains one of our top priorities.
– more customers are borrowing books from us for their study or work (up to 44%)
– The types of spaces that are important for us to retain and increase if possible were collection areas, casual seating and quiet spaces. Demand for group learning spaces was comparatively lower.
Thank you again for this valuable information which we will be continuing to go back to throughout the year as we review services.