We have some awesome events lined up this month, leading in with a livestream of the popular TedxWellington event. Tickets to the event itself sold out within minutes, but you can view the entire event over a video stream. There is no entry fee, and you can stay for as long as you like. You can find more details on the event we are hosting here.
While not a library event specifically, it’d be criminal if we didn’t mention Writers Week, happening 9th-13th March. Check the Writers Week website for more details.
You can always check our event calendar to see all events happening in one day, or look further ahead for the rest of the month. See below for what’s coming up this month:
– Saturday 5th March – 11am-5.45pm – TedxWellington Livestream (free entry) – Mezzanine floor, Central library
– Saturday 5th March – 11am-12pm – NZ Festival “The ACB with Honora Lee” Children’s Story Reading – Ground floor, Central library
– Wednesdays 2-3pm – Tea & Tales at Johnsonville library
– Wednesdays 5.30-7.30pm – Gamesfest at Central Library
– Thursdays 6pm – Mystery Movie Screenings at Central library (bookings required, phone 801-4068)
– 1st Friday of every month 6.30-7pm – Late night storytime at Johnsonville library
– Last Saturday of every month 10am-3pm – Knitting circle at Central library
– Omāroro (Newtown) – 3rd November – 10.30am (1st Tuesday of each month)
– Korimako ki Ngāio (Cummings Park) – 9th November – 10.30am (2nd Monday of each month)
– Waitohi (Johnsonville) – 17th November – 10.30am (3rd Tuesday of each month, replaces PSST that day)
– Motukairangi (Miramar) – 24th November – 2pm (4th Tuesday of each month)