At the very beginning of October we are hosting jQuery and Python coding workshops for teens. Registrations are essential. We can’t wait!
These go hand in hand with our series of holiday activities called Click, Make, Build and Create. There will be different activities happening at each library, so check with your local branch to find out what’s on offer. Ideal for kids aged 6-12 years old.
The first week of October is Wellington Wellbeing Week – come and learn to use Lynda.com, our newest free database for library users, or take a moment to relax with our adult colouring in activities.
From the 1st of October Central library is hosting a very special photographic exhibiton, with images taken by renowned photographer Ans Westra during the 1975 Land March. Ans Westra will be joining us in conversation at 12.30pm on Tuesday 6th October at the Central library. Please join us for this very special event!
We also have our very first Kōhunga Kōrero storytime at Newtown library since it reopened! Come along on Tuesday 6th October to hear some wonderful stories in te reo!
Please remember all libraries will be closed on Monday 26th October for Labour Day.
You can always check our event calendar to see all events happening in one day, or look further ahead for the rest of the month. See below for what’s coming up this month:
Wellington Wellbeing Week
– Lynda.com expo – 12.30-1.30pm, Tuesday 6th October through Saturday 10th October at Central library
– Adult colouring in activities – Tuesday 6th October through Saturday 10th October at Central library on ground floor and mezzanine landing
– Ans Westra photographic exhibition ‘Not one more acre’ – Central library 2nd floor – from 1st October
– Friday 2nd October – 10.30am – “Toot: The World’s Tiniest Whale” storytime at Central library
– Tuesday 6th October – 12.30pm – ‘Not one more acre’ exhibition introduction by photographer Ans Westra at Central library
– Thursday 8th October – 6.30-7pm – Animal Tales storytime at Tawa library
– Wednesday 30th September – 1-2pm – Island Bay Community Centre
– Wednesday 30th September – 2-3pm – Johnsonville library
– Thursday 1st October – 2-3.30pm – Kilbirnie Library – Movie Making Magic
– Tuesday 6th October – 10-11am – Karori library
– Tuesday 6th October – 2-3pm – Newlands Community Centre
– Wednesday 7th October – 11am-12pm – Central library – Star Wars day!
– Thursday 8th October – 11am-12pm – Tawa Library – Blast off into space!
– Thursday 8th October 2-3.30 – Newtown library – Movie Making Magic
– Wednesdays 2-3pm – Tea & Tales at Johnsonville library
– Wednesdays 5.30-7.30pm – Gamesfest at Central Library
– Thursdays 10-10.30am – Ni Hao Children’s Community Chinese storytimes at Central library
– Thursdays 6pm – Mystery Movie Screenings at Central library (bookings required, phone 801-4068)
– 1st Friday of every month 6.30-7pm – Late night storytime at Johnsonville library – this month’s theme is “Space”
– Omāroro (Newtown) – 6th October – 10.30am (1st Tuesday of each month)
– Korimako ki Ngāio (Cummings Park) – 12th October – 10.30am (2nd Monday of each month)
– Waitohi (Johnsonville) – 20th October – 2pm (3rd Tuesday of each month)
– Motukairangi (Miramar) – 27th October – 2pm (4th Tuesday of each month)