Newtown Library will be temporarily closed for scheduled maintenance and upgrades.
Newtown library will be closed from 13th May 2015 until 22nd July 2015 inclusive.
Newtown Library was built approximately 25 years ago and requires scheduled maintenance and upgrades. Contractors will be replacing the skylights, installing heating systems, ventilation systems and efficient lighting. Interior painting and replacing vinyl will be done at the same time.
Wellington City Libraries are providing these services for our Newtown Library customers during this time:
- Free shuttle between Newtown and Ruth Gotlieb (Kilbirnie) libraries Monday to Friday
- Reserves available for collection from Smart Newtown
- Issue periods extended for the duration of the closure
- Return fees waived for books returned to other libraries
- More seating and newspapers available at Ruth Gotlieb Library (Kilbirnie)
- Access to our 24/7 online services
We encourage you to “stock up” from May 1st to take advantage of the extended loan period. You can stay updated about the project through updates to this page, the WCC call centre (499 4444), and our Facebook and Twitter updates.
If you have any questions or require further information about the closure please contact Andrea Thomas or Sharon Macintyre by phoning 830 1255 or emailing email@example.com.
Karori Library is 10 years old this year and needs internal repainting and some maintenance. For the health and safety of staff and customers it is necessary to close the library.
Karori Library will be closed from Saturday 9 May – Monday 25 May inclusive.
- Issues will be unavailable. We encourage you to visit and stock up on library items beforehand and take advantage of our extended loan period offer (see below). Or visit any of our other branch libraries at any time.
- Returns will be unavailable. All items will be issued until well after the re-opening to ensure no items are due during the closure. Returns can be made at any of the other libraries and the usual return fee waived.
- Extra pre-school storytime sessions will be run at Cummings Park Library, Ngaio. These will be on Monday, Wednesday and Thursdays at 10.30am. That site also offers a Baby Rock and Rhyme session at 10.30 on Tuesdays.
- Café remains open for business.
Wellington City Libraries are providing these services for our Karori Library customers during this time:
- Online Library services are available 24/7 at wcl.govt.nz
- Newspapers will be delivered to Karori Community Centre (KCC) – this includes the Dominion Post, NZ Herald and Sunday Star Times.
- Free wifi and internet is offered at KCC – enquire with the centre on availability.
- A Library staff member will be available at Karori Recreation Centre (KRC) for enquiries and assistance 9.30am – 6pm Monday to Friday, and 9.30am – 4pm Saturday.
- Reserves can be collected from KRC and will be held longer than usual.
For further information or to discuss any aspect of the project, please contact Karl Gaskin or Jill Spackman by phoning 476 8413 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.