A huge thank you to the 1453 customers who took the time to complete our annual survey. We gained a lot of information which we will be using to refine or improve services and what you would like to see in the library collection.
Some results we noted
* more than half (57%) customers spent between 15 minutes and 1 hour at their last visit to the library
* 60% of customers reported that the library they visit the most often is the Central Library
* 11% of customers browsed or borrowed items for work or study
* not very many people reported they receive our email newsletters (around 5%). We do often get feedback from customers that you’d like to know more about what is new at the library. So we will be exploring ways we can improve the take-up of these.
* Arts and crafts books are the most popular areas of the adult non-fiction collection.
* 91% of customers said the library would be important or very important to the local community in ten years’ time.
* 73% of customers use Facebook at least once a week.
The full 2014 survey report is available to read. (595kb)