Home > About the library > Services > Library Express
If you are temporarily indisposed or would like us to courier a selection to you at home or work, use the Library Express service.
| Who: || Any library member can request the Library Express service. |
- Check our joining page for details if you do not have a current library card.
| What: ||
A selection of items in Wellington City Libraries' collection which are available for loan. This could be topic based e.g. 3 rose gardening books, author based e.g. 3 Bill Bryson, format based e.g. 3 Star Wars DVDs, or a mix. |
Any item in Wellington City Libraries' collection which isavailable for loan. Check our catalogue here.
| How: || You can ask for Library Express by -
- Telephoning (04) 801 4064 and talking to a library staff member
- Emailing Linda with your request. Details will be confirmed with you before despatch.
| Arrival Time: ||
- 24 hours (weekdays) if the item is available.
- If an item is on loan or must be sourced from another site, 24 hours (weekdays) from when it reaches the library.
- For urgent delivery, contact the ProSearch team. Email, phone +(04) 801 4059 or fax (04 801 4088).
| Loan Period: ||
- Books: 3 weeks
- Magazines, CDs, DVDs, videos, bestseller books: 1 week
- Check our Borrowing page for more details.
- Note: the loan period begins when the item is issued at the library, before it is couriered to you.
| Return of Items: ||
- The return of library items is the responsibility of the borrower.
- Items will come with an issue slip giving the date due and issuing branch.
- Normal overdue charges apply.
- A $1 charge per item is incurred when items are returned to a branch they were not issued at.
- If you want to return couriered items to a specific branch, please specify which one when placing the reserve.
| Charges: ||
- $5 Delivery within the Wellington region (the pink areas in this map).
- Other charges may depend on your request and this will be confirmed as applicable ( e.g. $2 reservation fee, $2 extra per item if you are a rental borrower, $1 per item interlibrary return fee, 20c per A4 page photocopying, search time).
| Payment: ||
- WCL members who use this service via phone, email, fax: a charge will be placed on your library card for you to pay on your next library visit.