Sites supporting Wellington Music
- Audioculture: The Noisy Library of New Zealand Music. Through a partnership with online video archive nzonscreen.com, Audioculture works with artists, historians and music industry people to tell the stories of our home-grown music over the last hundred years through articles, reviews, interviews, images, recordings, videos, & discussion.
- SOUNZ: The Centre for New Zealand Music (SOUNZ) provides, fosters and promotes the music of New Zealand composers through a range of services and projects including an online searchable database, information and library services and retail shop.
- Amplifier: New Zealand’s premier site for listening to, downloading and purchasing NZ music.
- The Audience: Part of the Amplifier family, aiming to spread New Zealand music to as many ears as possible.
- Up The Punks: An archive & history of the Wellington punk rock scene.
- New Zealand Musician: Magazine for New Zealand musicians about New Zealand music. Covering artists, new releases, gigs, equipment reviews and music industry directories.
- Rip It Up/Groove Guide: Rip it Up is New Zealand’s best guide for going out or staying in. The best source of Events, Gigs, Festivals, DVD’s, Movies, Fashion, Gaming, & Culture.
- Radio New Zealand
- New Zealand Music Commission
- New Zealand School of Music
- Slow Boat Records Blog
- Elsewhere: The website of well-known music and travel writer Graham Reid.
- Blog On The Tracks/Off The Tracks: Love him or hate him, there’s no denying Simon Sweetman’s support of local bands & musicians.
- The Wireless
- Six Noises: Focusing on the NZ extreme metal scene.
- Bsidestories: Tales from the people who make Wellington tick
- San Francisco Bathhouse
- Pyramid Club
- The Lido Café
- Hashigo Zake
- The Rogue & Vagabond
- Bethel Woods
- The Fringe Bar
- Hotel Bristol
- Resonator House Concerts
- Baobob Cafe
- Monterey Bar Newtown
- The Southern Cross Garden Bar & Restaurant
- Orpheus Bar & Restaurant
- Kelburn Village Pub
- Caroline Bar
- The Library Bar
- Arch Hill
- Home Alone Music
- Sonorous Circle
- Lil’ Chief Records
- Parachute Music
- Southern Collective Music
- Slow Boat Records
- Rough Peel Music
- Death Ray Records
- Moonhop Records
- Wonderland Records
- Mint Music Lower Hutt
- Wellington Musicians Network (Facebook)
- Flickr NZ music group
- New Zealand Music of the 60’s, 70’s and 80’s
- New Zealand Music: The 60s & 70s (Forum)
- New Zealand Music: The 60s & 70s (Facebook)
- Memories of New Zealand Musicians
- Wellington Jazz Club
- Acoustic Routes: Promoting Wellington Folk Music
- Wellington Bluegrass Society
- Capital Blues Inc.
- Eyegum Music Collective