On this page you will find links to a number of newspaper and news sites from around the world.
If you want to browse them all in one place, why not look at the easy-to-use PressDisplay website, which features a full graphical display of thousands of New Zealand and international papers, many of them on the day they're locally published.
- The Daily News (New Plymouth)
- The Dominion Post (Wellington)
- Manawatu Evening Standard (Palmerston North)
- The Marlborough Express (Blenheim)
- The Nelson Mail (Nelson)
- The New Zealand Herald (Auckland) (some content charged)
- The Otago Daily Times (Dunedin)
- The Press (Christchurch)
- The Southland Times (Invercargill)
Also... Search across the main NZ newspapers in one search via mygateway.info's Proquest ANZ Newsstand.
Searchable full-text of all these newspapers (except The Melbourne Age) is available in ProQuest ANZ Newsstand.
Follow the link on the left hand side of www.news.com.au to access many more Australian newspapers.
Other South Pacific countries
Cook Islands News (Rarotonga)
Niue News (not regularly updated)
Papua New Guinea
Presse (in Bislama, English and French)
We hope to have the Amharic script showing correctly on our computers very soon. In the meantime, if you would like to read articles in Amharic, please copy the text from the Amharic version and paste it into this Amharic web-based keyboard. We apologise for the delay in resolving this issue.
- Ethiopian Reporter (in English and Amharic)
- Walta Information Centre (in Amharic and English).
- Nazret.com (in English)
Republic of Congo
Le Depeches de Brazzaville (in French)
- All Somali (in Somali)
- BBC (in Somali)
- Somali Press Online (in Somali & English)
- Somalia News
- Hiiraan Online (in Somali & English. NB. external article links change daily, therefore some links may not be accessible on our free internet pcs)
- Die Burger (in Afrikaans)
- Independent Newspapers (Capetown). A publishing group that daily provides news from several newspapers such as the Cape Times, Business Report, and the Star with the Saturday Star and Sunday Independent material over the weekends.
- Weekly Mail and Guardian (Johannesburg)
Globo Online (in Portuguese)
United States of America
- ABC News
- Chicago Sun-Times
- Chicago Tribune (some content subscriber only)
- The Christian Science Monitor
- CNN news
- Los Angeles Times (have to register but free)
- New York Times
- BBC (in Chinese)
- China Daily (North American edition in English, 1995 to present). ProQuest newspapers.
- China Daily (in Chinese and English)
- People's Daily (in English)
- China.org (in English and Chinese, with smaller sites in French, German, Japanese, Russian, Spanish, Arabic and Esperanto.)
- South China Morning Post (1995 to present). ProQuest newspapers.
- South China Morning Post (front-page only free)
- The Jakarta Post (1996 to present). ProQuest newspapers.
- Suara Pembaruan (Djakarta, in Indonesian)
- Kompas Cyber Media (Djakarta, in Indonesian with some stories in Dutch and English)
- Asahi (in Japanese)
- CNN Japan (in Japanese)
- Japan Times (Tokyo) weekly news round up in English
- Yomiuri (Tokyo) in English
- Mainichi (in Japanese)
- The Korea Times (in English and Korean)
- The Korea Herald (in English)
- Sunday Times (NZ based, in Korean)
We apologise that Dinamina online edition is unavailable on library computers while we arrange for the Sinhalese font to be installed on our computers.
- Daily News (in English)
- Sunday Observer
- Thinakaran online edition (in Tamil)
- Dinamina online edition (in Sinhalese)
Baltic Times (in English, covers Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania)
Slobodna Bosna (in Bosnian)
Prague Post (in English)
England & Wales
- BBC News
- Financial Times (London)
- The Guardian (Manchester)
- The Independent
- The Observer (1995 to present). ProQuest newspapers.
- The Times
- The Telegraph (have to register but free)
- The Mirror
- Der Spiegel (in German)
- Die Welt (Berlin, in German)
- Die Zeit (Hamburg, in German)
- FinanzNachrichten.de (in German)
- BBC (in Russian)
- Moscow Times (in English)
- St Petersburg Times (in English)
- Pravda (in Russian, also in Portuguese)
- Pravda (in English)
- The Scotsman (Edinburgh)
- The Herald (Glasgow)
- Scotland on Sunday (Edinburgh, 1998 to present). ProQuest newspapers.
- Aljazeera (in English)
- Aljazeera (in Arabic)
- Arabic News (in English)
- BBC (in Arabic)
- BBC (in Farsi/Persian)
- CNN (in Arabic)
- IRIN Middle East
- Middle East Times
- Al-Ahram Weekly (in English)
- Al-Ahram Weekly (in Arabic)
- Al Shaab (in Arabic)
- Algomuhria.net (in Arabic)
- El Akhbar (in Arabic)
- Haaretz Daily (in English)
- The Jerusalem Post (in English)
- Tel Aviv Daily (in Hebrew)
- Tel Aviv Daily (in English)
Ad-Dustour (in Arabic)
Saudi Press Agency (in English and Arabic)
Al Anwar (in Arabic)