There’s been a bit happening at the library over the last couple of weeks, what with astronomical stuff and Matariki events, and on the teen blog:
- There’s been a lot of interesting news items
- Grimm discovered a rather old and well-established fantasy subgenre
- Jack discovered what is better than lasers in the world of music video
- There’s a pool party at Karori on the 26th (bring your thermals)
- The astrodome took pride of place in the central young adult area for a week
- Exciting Futurama news was found
- New CDs, from Peter Doherty to Fat Freddy’s, arrived
- Borders has a Facebook page and book lists
- We collated some of the most popular authors out there at the moment – thanks for letting us know your favourite books!
- We’ve got a couple of new short story anthologies…
- … and heaps of new books
- Grimm is happy that the fourth book in the Queen’s Thief series by Megan Whalen Turner finally has a title and a publication date (spoilers inside)
- Edna’s discovered that you can do conversion calculations in Google (from leagues per hour to nautical miles per hour, even, if you want)
- What you’ve always wanted: virtual makeovers!
- Again with the new books, again.
But then what’s with the pig, you ask? What is with the pig will be revealed very shortly. Like, next week, so y’all come back now y’hear.