Roleplaying games are games in which the players take on imagined roles and play collaboratively. Dungeons & Dragons is probably the most well-known RPG out there. In addition to D&D (which aren’t in the young adult collection), we carry these gaming books:
- Buffy The Vampire Slayer : The Roleplaying Game – this is based on the television series that was so popular five or six years ago. Has it been so long already? Yes.
- GURPS: Basic Set: Campaigns, GURPS: Basic Set: Characters, GURPS: Fantasy, and GURPS: Space – GURPS is an acronym for ‘Generic Universal Roleplaying System’. Which means you can play whatever you want; the rules can be adapted to any environment. You could roleplay shopping at the supermarket if you wanted (though ideally the supermarket gets attacked by, say, zombies).
- Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay : A Grim World of Perilous Adventure – Very grim. Has been called doom-laden. The forth-coming (and hyped) Warhammer MMO is influenced by the RPG.
- King Arthur : Pendragon – this game is based on the Penguin Classics edition of the fifteenth-century Le Morte D’Arthur. You can swing your sword and explore dungeons; you can also manage your castle, enjoy jousting tournaments, and court faire maidens.
- Mutants and Masterminds – is set in a world where superheroes and supervillains battle for supremacy. Now you too can be Wolverine. Or Nightwing … or (even better) Nightwolverine.