Just right for two, by Tracey Corderoy
A dog has a lot of special treasures, but things don’t leave him feeling fulfilled. A quest to find what’s missing leads him to a new friend. its a very cute story. I liked the pictures in the book, and the way the dog and the mouse play together. Its a very Sweet story. I loved the dog in the story, he was so cute.
Reviewed by Arav from Johnsonville and West Park School , 6 years old
Fantasy and adventure are the picks for those that read electronically. You can stream or download titles easily using the Library apps from Borrow Box or Overdrive. Where will your adventure take you?
Theme parks can recreate the magic of locations created in the imagination of authors and give you a taste of what it’s like to wander around in them. Universal Studios has recreated Daigon Alley and Hogsmeade complete with wands, butter beer and a fire breathing dragon atop of Gringotts. Now the challenge is on! what amazing location in a book or comic would you like to see recreated? Let us know in the comments below.
1. Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone, by, J.K.Rowling
2. Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets, by, J.K.Rowling
3. Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, by, J.K.Rowling
4. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, by, J.K.Rowling
5. Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, by, J.K.Rowling
6. The Hobbit, J. R. R. Tolkien
7. Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban, by, J.K.Rowling
8. Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, by, J.K.Rowling
9. The Ugly Truth: Diary of a Wimpy Kid Series, by Jeff Kinney
10. Mission Hurricane: The 39 Clues: Doublecross Series, by Jenny Goebel
Love adventure, magic and romance? Fall in love with Amy Alward‘s new book ‘The Potion Diaries’!
“A tiny bead of blood bloomed where the knife point pressed against the tip of her finger”
Oh no! The princess of Nova is accidentally poisoned by her own love potion. It’s the chance of a lifetime for Sam’s alchemist family, who have been mixing magic potions for generations …but can Sam find the cure and save their crumbling reputation?
With the nation’s media watching her every move, Sam overcomes incredible dangers and impossible dilemmas in order to hunt down the ingredients: a mermaid’s pearl, pink jasmine, Eluvian ivy, hair from an abominable and a unicorn’s tail.
Can Sam save the now dangerously powerful princess by winning the contest? And just how close are she and her handsome enemy Zain willing to get in the meantime?
Grab this new book from your local library today or head on over to the catalogue to reserve a copy!
(Note: this book is ideal for older children and young teens)
Get the jump on your mates for the school holidays. eBooks from overdrive are a great way to make sure you get all the books in a series. David Walliams has some collections to download. So if the book you’re looking for is out from your local library, check the eLibrary collections just in case.
Jeff Kinney rules the countdown for March, think you’re a fan? Well, a group of people in Minneapolis made a musical they like it so much!
Here’s your top 10:
1. The Hobbit, by J.R.R. Tolkien
2. The Ugly Truth: Diary of a Wimpy Kid Series, Book 5, by Jeff Kinney
3. Billionaire Boy, by David Walliams
4. Ratburger, by David Walliams
5. The Third Wheel: Diary of a Wimpy Kid Series, Book 7, by Jeff Kinney
6. Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone, by J.K.Rowling
7. Surf’s Up Geronimo! & The Wild, Wild West: Geronimo Stilton Series, Books 20 and 21, by Geronimo Stilton
8. Cabin Fever: Diary of a Wimpy Kid Series, Book 6, by Jeff Kinney
9. Last Straw: Diary of a Wimpy Kid Series, Book 3, by Jeff Kinney
10.The Son of Neptune: The Heroes of Olympus Series, Book 2, by Rick Riordan
39 Clues #1: The Maze of Bones by Rick Riordan
Two orphans who think that they are nobodies, find out at their grandmother’s funeral that in their family name – Cahill – there lies more power and mystery than in any other. The power-source is scattered around the globe in a form of 39 clues(thus giving the series its name). Amy and Dan Cahill think they have what it takes to find the clues. Do they? Do you? This is the first book in the heart-racing and explosive 39 Clues series. 4 stars.
Review by Samuel of Karori
Beast Quest #1: Ferno: The Fire Dragon by Adam Blade
Ferno the Fire Dragon is the first book of the amazing Beast Quest books by Adam Blade. Avantia is in great danger. The country, once protected by seven large beasts, has been betrayed by the dark wizard Malvel. He hypnotised the beasts, turning them away from the great country. Only a hero can save Avantia. Is it Tom, son of Taladon the Swift? Setting out to free the beasts of Avantia, Tom risks his life for the Beast Quest. 4 stars.
Review by Samuel of Karori