Overdrive has had a revamp! Are you liking the new layout?
Finding great titles that you can down-load and read remotely is a great way to carry your own personal library around with you. And it’s not going to squash your sandwiches like a dozen or so books would! So who did library children love in November? Authors whose first names begin with J. So if you’re a budding author, tried writing fan fiction maybe? And your name begins with J you could be in the Top 10 before you know it! If your name doesn’t begin with a J don’t despair – some very good authors who nearly made it into the Top 10, Neil Gaiman with Coraline and Francis Hodgson Burnett with The Secret Garden wrote popular books with really cool characters without a J anywhere in their names!
Our classic favourites have a new addition with Jaqueline Harvey’s Clemantine Rose, a girl who has a teacup pig! Unusual pets and great characters make this fun series to read through in the holidays. Have a look at Jaqueline Harvey’s blog for a choclatey recipe to try at home
1. Harry Potter and the Cursed Child, by J. K. Rowling, John Tiffany and Jack Thorne
2. Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone, by J. K. Rowling
3. Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince ,by J. K. Rowling
4. Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire by J. K. Rowling
5. Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, by J. K. Rowling
6. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, by J. K. Rowling
7. Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban, by J. K. Rowling
8. Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets, by J. K. Rowling
9. Clementine Rose and the Special Promise, by Jaqueline Harvey
10.The Hobbit, by J. R. R. Tolkien