Woohoo! School’s out and there’s so many weeks of summer holidays ahead. What should you do to keep the boredom at bay? Go to your local library or visit the library website. Here’s some ideas:
- Take part in the Summer Reading Challenge – read, review and win! there are also heaps of cool activities for you to do in our libraries, which you can win prizes for too.
- Download an eBook or eAudiobook from our website
- Find some books about cooking, or arts and crafts, of computer games, or gardening, or learning a language or musical instrument… and start a new hobby. Our catalogue is a good starting point
- Check out ZooWhizz – a fun game available through our website where you can earn coins and build a zoo.
- Take a look at our fun stuff page and have a go at the puzzles and games.
- Watch one of our online stories on the downloads page
- Go to a storytime at your local library (Baby Rock & Rhyme and Kohunga Korero are taking a break until the end of January)
- Keep up to date with events at your library through our Kids Events page or the Wellington City Libraries events calendar
- Our book bike will be visiting the Wellington waterfront and beaches over summer. Keep an eye out for them and their special storytimes on the beach, and get your hands on a free book.