Kung Hei Fat Choy! Happy New Year!
Chinese New Year celebration runs from Sunday February 10 – Sunday February 24 this year. Now not only people in China can have colourful and dynamic performances and activities to mark this special occasion, people in New Zealand can also participate and enjoy them.
In Wellington, there will be exiting celebrations for the Year of of the Snake held on the weekend of Saturday 23 and Sunday 24.
Here are some details:
– There is a New Clothes for New Year Fashion Show on Saturday 23 February at the TSB Bank Arena, Queens Wharf from 7pm-8.30pm.
– On Sunday 24 February, Chinese New Year Festival Day, you can come and taste the delicious food at the Asian Market at the TSB Arena as well as enjoying the crafts and performances from10.30am-4.30pm.
– Cultural Entertainment will be held at Frank Kitts Park from 3pm-4.30pm.A colourful Street Parade will start at Courtenay Place at 2pm.
– There will be performances from Shenzen Song and Dance Ensemble from 7pm-8.20pm (tickets from Ticketek)
– The festival will finish with a Firework Display.