Welcome to the first seminar of Law for Lunch!
Our speaker this week will be Jon Duffy, the Head of Trust & Safety at Trade Me.
Jon will talk about the responsibilities of Trade Me’s Trust & Safety team, in regulating the largest online marketplace in New Zealand and the unique challenges they are faced with.
Jon will be focussing on:
• The difference between “buy now” and winning an auction
• What protections to Trade Me consumers have?
• Professional traders and Trade Me
• Resolving problems: The Trade Me complaints process
• Consumer law reform: what it might mean for online trading
Come along to find out more about consumer protection, as well as, consumer law reform and, ask your questions.
This presentation will take place this Wednesday, from 12 noon to 1pm, on the Ground Floor of the Central Library.
For more information, please check our online event calendar.