From September, the PressDisplay database will become PressReader. You will still get same day, unlimited access to full-page replicas of thousands of newspaper and magazine titles from NZ and around the world, but the look of PressReader is much more mobile friendly and customisable to view on your computer or mobile device. You can also choose to take advantage of a range of new features such as bookmarking, instant translation, keyword search and greatly improved social sharing.
Fantastic New Magazine Content
As well as the vast array of newspaper content, PressReader provides full access to as many magazines as newspapers with some great NZ titles, including NZ Listener, NZ Woman’s Day, Cuisine, Metro, NZ House & Garden, NZ Gardener, Little Treasures, NZ Rugby World, and Next. Overseas titles include Mojo, Q, BBC History, T3, Elle, Mollie Makes, Playstation Magazine, SFX, GQ Australia,Vogue Australia and Top Gear. And just like Pressdisplay, over 60 languages are represented in the newspaper & magazine content.
In the browser:
- Use your library card details to access the PressReader website
- Once on the PressReader site, you’ll need to log in to the site itself again so it can create your PressReader account. Again, this uses your library card details:
- Click ‘Sign in’ in the top right-hand corner
- Click on the ‘Library and Group’ button
- In the ‘Select Library’ box that pops up, search for ‘Wellington City Libraries’ > Click on our Library logo to select this as your library
- Enter your Library card number, and your surname as your ‘PIN’, and click the ‘Sign in’ button
- When prompted to set up an account, enter your details so that you can save favourite newspapers and magazines. Alternatively you can choose “No Thanks” and not set up an account.
Apps for Android and iOS:
You can download the app for Android and iOS devices below:
You may notice some slight differences between Pressdisplay and Pressreader – once you select a title, you can now ‘turn’ the pages by clicking and dragging the next page into the centre screen. Thumbnails of the pages that used to be on the right of the paper can now be found at the bottom of the screen, with the table of contents.
If you have any questions about using the new Pressreader, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org