Tags are labels you can add to items to make it easier for you and other people to find them on the catalogue – click through the slideshow below and discover how to use this new feature on our Easyfind catalogue!
Tags are labels you can add to items to make it easier for you and other people to find them on the catalogue.
- Found something you would like to add your own search words to? Click on Save or Tag
- Login to My Discoveries with your Username and Password.
*If this is your first time you will need to register first – see ‘Creating your My Discoveries login’ for further information
- Type in your tag and click on Save
- Click on your My Discoveries account to see your tags
- Click on your tags to see all the items you have tagged with the words you have used, e.g. ‘delicious’
- You can click on your tagged items to go straight to the catalogue for more information on that title
- Your tags will also show on the item page when you are logged into your My Discoveries account
- It will take a day or two for your tags to become public so that other people can use them too – here’s a book tagged earlier with ‘personal development’
- There are lots of different ways items can be tagged – remember to use quote marks for tags with more than one word eg “personal development”. If you enter more than one tag at a time, separate them with a comma, e.g. business, leadership
Now you can save items in the catalogue that you want to remember with your own personal lists!
- Now you can save items in the catalogue that you want to remember with your own personal lists
- Found something you would like to remember? Click on Save or Tag
- Login to My Discoveries with your Username and Password. If this is your first time you will need to register first – see ‘Creating your My Discoveries login’ for further information
- Click to create and add to your own lists
- Name your list if you are starting a new one – you can have as many lists as you like for all your different areas of interest
- By default your lists are private and visible only to you. Tick here if you want to make your lists public so other people can see them too
- This item is now in my ‘understanding money’ list. I have also added my own tag and given it a rating of five stars
My Discoveries allows you to save things you find in the catalogue and want to remember for another time. Find out how to set up your account – it’s very quick and easy!
Now you can save things you find in the catalogue and want to remember
for another time. Start by setting up your My Discoveries account– it’s very quick and easy and you don’t need to be a library member
- Click on My Discoveries in the top right corner
- Click Register if it is your first time using My Discoveries
- Enter the name and password you would like to use – when complete click on Create Account.
NOTE: An email address is required so your password can be sent to you if you forget it at any time. No other data is taken and your email is not visible to any other user. If you don’t have an email address please ask library staff
- You now have your own My Discoveries account. Click on Close to get back to the search screen so you can tag and save items – don’t forget to click on Log out when you’re finished