Please help us stay in touch by ensuring your telephone, email and address details are up to date and correct. Either complete your details online, or call 04 801-4089 (between 9am-5pm Mon-Fri) to check your details, or talk with a library staff member the next time you are in the library. Remember to check all the library cards in your family.
Occasionally we have important news to share with all customers and we want to make sure you get these messages. For example, early in 2019 we will be changing the way that customers access your library card (to renew or reserve), and login to online services (such as eLibrary resources such as PressReader, or Lynda.com) to be in step with other modern libraries.
Thank you to all customers who filled out our library customer survey towards the end of 2011. We really appreciate the time you took to tell us what we’re getting right, what could be improved on, and what you’d like to see in the future.
456 surveys were completed online and 123 in the hard copy version available in libraries. The results are now available (PDF, 34kb). Some findings are
- In the last 12 months, the three most popularly used collections were fiction (74%), DVDs (40%) and magazines (38%).
- Over 80% of respondents were satisfied with the overall range of the library collection.
- Over 95% of respondents have access to computers and the internet at home. Online resources were more likely to be accessed from home, especially amongst online respondents (67%).
- Most respondents had not attended a WCL programme in the last 12 months, but over 80% of those who did, were satisfied with the range of programmes offered.
- Greater promotion of WCL services was identified as a key area where WCLs can make improvements. For some respondents, knowledge of what WCL offers was very low, even amongst regular users.
The findings from the survey will be added to other core information such as usage statistics, to develop our work priorities for the coming year.