—-15/02/2019 UPDATE: **This service has now been discontinued**—-
We’ve added new streaming eLibrary service ComicsPlus, with over 80 comics publishers making available thousands of digital super hero, manga, children and indie comics across all audiences.
Major adult publishers include Archaia, Boom! Studios, Dynamite and Viz, whilst cool kids presses like Papercut, Andrews McMeel and Graphic Classics feature original children’s comics, as well as nonfiction versions of classic literature and funny cartoons like Garfield and Charlie Brown.
Also included are exciting, well known series like Adventure Time, Bone, Archie, Lumberjanes, Naruto, One Piece, Big Nate, Red Sonja and more. Browse by fantasy, crime, romance, movie and TV, horror and more, and then choose any comic you want.
There’s no limit to the number of titles you can take out through ComicsPlus, and comics are made available for 7 days. Now’s your chance to read any number of series from beginning to end! At the moment, enjoyment of ComicsPlus is limited to desktop only but mobile usage should be on its way soon.
Here’s how to get started on your computer or laptop:
Getting started with ComicsPlus at WCL
Please note: New registrations are currently unavailable, we are working on fixing this as soon as possible.
- Click on the ‘ComicsPlus’ link through our eLibrary and enter your library card number and your last name .
- Once ComicsPlus is open click on ‘Register’
- After registering for the first time with email and password, click ‘Sign in’
- Enter your registered email and password, then choose Wellington City Libraries from the drop down menu – Sign In!
- You can now browse by publisher, new material and popular titles or search by author and title.
- When you’ve found your comic, click on the cover and choose ‘Check out’
- From here, go to ‘My Comics’ and click on ‘Read Now’ from your book shelf of waiting comics. Read as many comics as you like!
(Note: downloading is not available at the moment with ComicsPlus. Usage is only through online streaming.)