Thank you very much to all customers who provided feedback and filled out our annual customer survey. This was sent to a group randomly selected from our adult registered members who had given us their email contact addresses. Just over 4000 responses were received back. We always are keen to learn from you what your priorities are for improving what we do. Here are the full survey results. [1.4 MB, PDF]
Some results we’ve noted
– Overall satisfaction ratings of our services and staff are consistent with last year.
– Satisfaction with eBooks increased from 80% in 2017 to 86% this year. We continue to add new titles, both fiction and non-fiction, as publishers make them available for us to purchase.
– Overall you are satisfied with the range and variety of the physical collections (86%). Each year, we add close to 100,000 new items to the collection, and this remains one of our top priorities. Satisfaction is highest for the children’s collections, at 95%.
– Satisfaction with wifi increased from 84% in 2017 to 87% this year after a big programme to increase it across branch libraries.
– Nearly half of the respondents (47%) would like more space devoted to casual seating.
– 70% of customers prefer printed fiction (over eBook), and it was similar for non-fiction, with 71% preferring the printed format. We weren’t sure if the type of material made a difference, so this information will be used to plan our collections.
– Our monthly newsletter was the most favoured option to hear about library news or activities. If you haven’t already, subscribe to this free enewsletter called Your Library, or read the latest edition here.
We really value the time and consideration you give to us when making this feedback. Thank you for helping us keep in step with your expectations. We continue to use the customer survey throughout the year as we review services and plan team work.