TRUMBO is a gripping, spirited drama that sheds light on one of the darkest chapters in Hollywood history. It stars Bryan Cranston, Diane Lane, Helen Mirren, Elle Fanning, John Goodman, Michael Stuhlbarg and New Zealand actor Dean O’Gorman. The movie opened in cinemas December 26, and Trigger Marketing and Wellington City Libraries are giving you the chance to WIN one of 5 double passes to the film!
To win free tickets please tell us the name of one of the mygateway.info library databases that contains information about Dalton Trumbo. You can enter the competition on Twitter by messaging us @wcl_library with #trumbomovie, emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org or on Facebook by messaging us @wellingtoncitylibraries. The competition ends on Tuesday 5 January and the winners will be drawn shortly after.
In 1947, the successful career of Trumbo comes to a crushing end when he and other Hollywood figures are blacklisted for their political ideologies. Risking everything, Trumbo refuses to renounce his beliefs, and pays the price for his commitment to freedom. The studios refuse to hire him, the US government sentence him to a year in prison, and the conflict soon entangles everyone in Hollywood – from gossip columnist Hedda Hopper (Helen Mirren), to actors John Wayne and Kirk Douglas, and director Otto Preminger. With an irrepressible creative talent, Trumbo would find his way back onto the big screen, writing several scripts under pseudonyms during his exile, including Roman Holiday and The Brave One, both of which won Academy Awards under aliases. Wellington City Libraries has several other films authored by Trumbo.
In Cinemas January 30th.
RATED: M Offensive language and adult themes.
Rules for entry
- This competition is open to all Wellington City Libraries’ adult members.
- Only one entry per person will be accepted.
- Entries close on Tuesday 5 January 2015. Only entries received on or before this date will be considered.
- Wellington City Libraries will make reasonable attempts to contact the winner. Another winner will be drawn if contact cannot be made.
- Judges’ decisions are final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Libraries’ staff are not permitted to enter this competition.