The internal re-paint was completed in June as planned. The scheduled replacement of skylights, lights, heating and ventilation systems is now underway, but in order to complete the work to quality expectations the timeframe has been extended to the 7th of September.
All items that were issued until 22 July can be returned through the after hour slots at Newtown Library on the 23, 24 and 25 of July,
or at any other Wellington City Library with no return fee charged.
Wellington City Libraries will continue to provide these services for our Newtown Library customers during this time:
- Free shuttle between Newtown and Ruth Gotlieb (Kilbirnie) libraries Monday to Friday
- Reserves available for collection from Smart Newtown
- Return fees waived for books returned to other libraries
- More seating and newspapers available at Ruth Gotlieb Library (Kilbirnie).
- Keeping you updated about the project through the WCC call centre, the Newtown branch webpage, Facebook and Twitter.
- Access to our 24/7 online services
If you have any questions or require further information about the closure please contact Andrea Thomas or Sharon Macintyre by phone 830-1255 or email firstname.lastname@example.org