We’re making some changes
From Sunday 1 July 2012, you might notice some differences when you issue, renew or return items at Wellington City Libraries.
- The issue period for books is changing to three weeks – and you will soon be able to renew – for free – each item once for another three weeks, if no one else has placed a reserve
- The standard $1 ‘renewal’ fee on other titles will also no longer be payable – though if you’re renewing an item that has a rental fee you will still need to pay an additional rental fee to keep it for a further loan period.
- For those listeners of books on CD, an added bonus is that a renewal (with the extra $3 rental fee) will soon give you a further four weeks to finish listening to your books.
- If you’re an ‘Out of Towner’, the good news is that the $2 rental borrower fee will only be charged when you issue items, not when you renew them.
- You will have two more days to return your items after the due date, before overdue fees are payable.
Renewing items is easy – you can either renew them online by checking your library card at wcl.govt.nz/card or ask a staff member at your local library.
If you have any questions about these changes and how they’ll affect the items you take out of the library most regularly, please email us at email@example.com or ask at your local library.