The long list has been announced for the Guardian first book award. From 136 nominations, 10 books were selected; of these 6 were fiction, 2 of non-fiction and 1 of poetry. A prize of £10,000 is awarded to the winner who will be chosen from a short list, decided by a judging panel and assisted by a series of British regional reading groups. The long listed titles are all great reads from debut novelists, demonstrating exception skill and craftsmanship.
- The book of lies by Mary Horlock
- Pigeon English by Stephen Kelman
- The night Circus by Erin Morgenstern
- Down the rabbit hole by Juan Pablo Villalobos
- The collaborator by Mirza Waheed
- The submission by Amy Waldman
Synopsis, reviews, excerpts and author information is avaliable at the Guardian