Put the kettle on: coffee and tea drinking traditions from around the world
Learn about different traditions and share your own!
- Experience Gongfu Cha – Chinese tea ceremony at Johnsonville library: Wednesday 23 March (11am)
- High tea – English tea tradition at Kilbirnie library: Thursday 24 March (10.15am)
- Masala tea – Indian tea tradition at Karori Library: Thursday 24 March (7pm) and Tawa Library: Thursday 31 March, (7pm)
- Fair Trade coffee growers’ traditions at Newtown library: Friday 1 April (6pm)
- Oromia – Ethiopian coffee ceremony at Cummings Park (Ngaio) Library: Tuesday 5 April (11am)
Further details can be found on the Wellington City Libraries’ event calendar
A big thank you to the Dutch coffee group for letting us eavesdrop on their recent session talking about their memories and customs. Check out this videoclip!