Below is a presentation on how you can find and reserve books, on our website, with the new version of our online catalogue:
- To search our Classic Catalogue, type your query in the ORANGE box or click on ‘ Catalogue Search’ (top left) to access our EasyFind catalogue or KidsCat.
- Click on the radio button of your choice to select the type of search you’re interested in. Type in your query and click on GO.
*Title : drop any the, a, an at the start of title.
* Author : surname, first name order
- Once you’ve spotted a title you’re interested in, click on the title highlighted in blue.
- If you want to place a reserve on a book, click on “ Place a Reserve”. When you scroll down a bit, you can see the “Holdings Information” : which of our libraries has the book, and whether it is available for borrowing or not ( on loan ).
- Type in your library card number in the first box. Type in your last/ family name in the second box. Click “Enter”.
- Click on the library of your choice to highlight where you want to pick up your book. Click “Holiday reserve” if you want your reserve available only until after a particular date. Click on “Place a Reserve” when your choice is made.
- Click on “View my account” to check the status of your reserve.
- Click on “Reserves” to check on you reserve and/ or delete it.
- Click the box next to the highlighted title of the book you want to delete.
- Click on “Cancel checked reserves” to delete your reserve.