Library Elf – a service that can help you manage your library card
Library Elf is a service which can help library customers keep track of the items they have borrowed, and the titles they have on reserve. The basic service can provide updates via email of when your items are nearly due and when items are overdue.
Library Elf is a completely independent service from Wellington City Libraries based in Canada, so we are unable to take responsibility for Library Elf ’s failure to deliver e-mail or other notices. If you’re interested in signing up to this service, we do advise you to read through the information provided first, in particular the privacy statement about the library card details you’re providing to them.
Watch this slideshow below to learn how to use Library Elf:
What Is Library Elf ? A quick user’s guide – Presentation Transcript
What is Library Elf ? Quick-user’s guide (Transcription)
- Head to the Library Elf sign-up page
- Fill in your details & click on ‘ Create Elf account’ Read these carefully, especially relating to privacy considerations Read these carefully , especially relating to privacy considerations
- Type your card details, (if you clicked on the above link, Wellington City Libraries should be pre-filled out), no PIN needed, and click on ‘Save’
- Click on sign-in
- Click on ‘My Account Settings to edit your preferences for receiving updates from LibraryElf
- Click on [Edit] to edit your preferences concerning how you prefer to get LibraryElf alerts You can edit your library card details
- ‘ Options’ allow you to decide When/ how you get LibraryElf notifications For ‘ Advance Notice’ (before items are due) and ‘ Overdue notice’ (when your items are due) You can also decide on the delivery method (e-mail, RSS or both). Wellington City Libraries is a premium subscriber to Library Elf, which means that in addition to overdue notices, you can also receive notices of books you have reserved and add more than one library card to your account.